Wednesday 7 August 2013

Good films make your life better

Managed to download the movie "Before Midnight" on my phone yesterday and I am done watching.
The film is a sequel to "Before sunrise" and "Before sunset" which I watched a few months back.


Basically, its a story of how this young french woman met an American guy at a train which lead them to spending their time in Vienna.


How they were so comfortable with each other talking about almost everything.
Well, the three movies would be about them walking and talking about their lifes.
So Celine (french woman) and Jesse (American guy) decided that they should not keep in contact with each other but meet Vienna 6 months later.
That was for the movie, "Before Sunrise".

 


"Before Sunset" was the follow up of the first movie itself.
9 years later, Jesse then wrote a book that depicts their love encounter at Vienna and became a famous writer which eventually lead to Celine being able to read his book. While being on his book tour in Paris, Celine went to visit him!
Jesse did went back to Vienna as promised but Celine did not.
So then they continued their talking and walking around in Paris constraint by time yet again.
However, Jesse is already married and has a son himself where Celine had a boyfriend.
In this movie, there was something memorable that Celine said when Jesse told her the real reason behind the book.

"I always feel like a freak because I’m never able to move on like this, you know? People just have an affair, or even, entire relationships. They break up and they forget. They move on like they would have changed brand of cereals. I feel I was never able to forget anyone I’ve been with. Because each person had their own specific qualities. You can never replace anyone. What is lost is lost. Each relationship, when it ends, really damages me. I never fully recover. That’s why I’m very careful with getting involved, because… It hurts too much"

Then came... "Before Midnight".
I was absolutely thrilled that its finally out.
Jesse and Celine finally became a couple and had wonderful twin daughters.
I love how the whole trilogy shows the strong connection between Celine and Jesse although they haven't kept in contact in years.
Their goofiness and strong communication never fails to amaze me.
Well. Some scenes actually made me giggle in the public. (cos I was watching the movie on my phone)
You all should totally watch these 3 films if you love romance films. The dialogue between these two lovers seem to get under your skin and its fascinating.




On a side note, Ethan hawke is so darn charming.


Time to go back to watching, The Bachelor.
Can't wait for my driving class later!! I was so pissed on Monday because the instructor ended my lesson 20 mins earlier than expected. I wanted to be able to drive more. But oh well.........
Its the long weekend!!!!!! Hooray!

 

1 comment: