Tuesday 10 September 2013

Forty Hands/Plain Vanilla

One of the latest activity that I like to do nowadays is Cafe hopping! As you can see in my previous entries, I've been to quite a number of cafes to have brunch. Yesterday, Charlotte and I decided to meet up for lunch before a long day of errands. I had fitting for npnf afterwards.

We went over to Forty Hands since we were around Tiong Bahru.
Its located at 40 Yong Siak road , explains why its name Forty Hands? There are alot of cafes/bars around that area which I really want to drop by but its such a distance from my place. Sigh.

How the interior looks like. Sorry I am VERY BAD at taking pictures because
I don't want to be seen like a fool running around the space taking pictures.
There is an outdoor sitting area and a few tables outside the cafe itself.
It definitely gets packed on weekends judging from the seats available so be early if you're heading down for brunch.
I love how the whole shop has this antique vintage atmosphere to it but I thought the space was a little squeezy .
My lunch buddy
To our disappointment, 40 hands doesn't serve all day breakfast or brunch on weekdays.
The only options was their sandwiches and hotdog breads so I ordered the Truffle mushroom sandwich with a cup of hot chocolate.
Barister drew me a cute bear coffee art, definitely brightened up my day by a little.


 

Nom Nom Nom Charlotte eating her sandwich. Forgot what it was called but it was some pork sandwich, tasted just like pizza toppings in a sandwich.
As we were both still had time, we went over to Plain Vanilla to have some quick desserts!
No matter how full I am, there's still space for some cupcakes.
Located just a few shophouses down from 40 hands, you definitely can't miss this bakery.

One of the reasons why I love this place is because not only it serves the best cupcakes in town but the whole ambiance of this place makes it so good for picture taking!
There were a few paintings on the wall showing the process of how the cupcakes are made.
Look at the variety of cupcake toppings!!! Plain Vanilla does offer baking customized cupcakes for your special occasions.
 One cupcake costs $3.50 whereas half a dozen will cost you $19.
They do serve other desserts like chocolate tarts, brownies etc but the cupcake seem too appetizing to miss!
ALL MINE!

Still learning the ropes of doing different poses. Charlotte is a professional in that.
AND YES!!!!!!

I PASSED MY FTT!!!!

I was so nervous because so many of my friends have been saying you will always fail the first time but I'm glad I DID NOT!!!!
If I were to fail my FTT, it'll definitely delay my practical lessons and TP but THANK GOD!
Got a 48/50, thanks to all the e-trials that helped me ALOT.
By the way, I'm contemplating if I should go bkk during my Oct Holidays..
Decisions ... Decisions....
Oh! I decided to put up a new banner else my blog would look a little plain.
Taken by a aspiring photographer from KL, Renee, I love how she captures candid expressions
Do check her page out :
www.renee-ho.com
She currently resides in KL. Can't wait till she's back in Singapore again to do a shoot with all my girlfriends.
XX




No comments:

Post a Comment