Thursday 31 October 2013

A Spooktacular Day

Its 1 in the afternoon and I am happy to say that its "TGIF" for me.
My day started at 9 in the morning and after I'm done with school, its home sweet home.
As you know, Halloween was just yesterday and I did manage to dress up this year.
However, most people dressed up on Saturday instead of yesterday because it was a weekend night.
If you have seen my instagram, you would have already known what I dressed up as.

Tadaaaaa!

The Black Swan!
If you're not aware who is this, please bang your head against the wall.
Here's the breakdown of how I was able to complete the whole outfit on a budget.

1) Bustier

Basically, I just recycled an old black plain bustier that Eexuan donated to me.... 
Made a trip to Chinatown to get the extra feathers, rhinestones and fabric glue which costed me $10?
Taking reference to the pictures from the movie, I realized that most of the feathers were on the left chest area so I tried to make the bustier similar.

2)Tutu Skirt
The skirt was a separate from the top itself and I bought it from taobao...
My aunt made a trip back to China so she offered to buy it for me at no cost.
FREE! (but it must be like less than $10 for sure)

3)Heels
Didn't buy the heels just for this but I had it all along in my shoe closet. Perfect to complete the outfit. 

4)Hair & Makeup

The hair wasn't a problem at all, because I just had to tie my hair into a bun. Bought this clip on feather thingy that I just clipped it on my bun. 
One of the most crucial part of the outfit has got to be the face makeup. I was looking for the white base paint and randomly bought it at a costume shop @fep. IT WAS HORRIBLE.
Like it gave my face a very oily finish which made it even harder to draw the black strips etc.
Sigh......... but thankfully, I just tried to use whatever I have.

Michelle phan's tutorial was VERY USEFUL.


I guess one of the reasons why she gets so many views on her videos is because she caters to the asian crowd. 
Oh I did give the red contact lenses a miss because I've sensitive eyes.
Didn't miss this out either. Spammed black and silver eyeliner on my hands. 

Whole outfit cost: $30?!?
HOW CHEAP IS THAT!
My friend told me that she bought her superwoman outfit from a store at $80....
What........

The whole preparation took about 1.5 hours and it was time to head out!


Unfortunately, it was a little bit too late so I was only able to catch a few interesting costumes.

Jason from Friday the 13th!

People were suppose to be scary on Halloween so I don't know how this group fitted into the theme but it was humorous that they dressed cohesively as a group.

Can you guess what Dave was? HAHAHA

Funniest outfit of the night has got to be this. 
She had to walk sideways like a crab because of the frame. 

Was already making my way to Zouk and look who I saw!
A little ballerina. She was such a sweetie because she kept looking at me and smiling, telling her mum that she wants a picture. Awww

Moe was a unicorn . Bet it felt like an oven in there.

Irina was the girl version of Thor. Sadly, we didn't see any cute guys in a Thor outfit.


The night ended earlier as usual because I had a bad headache by the end of the night.
It was such a long day because Irina and me had FFO till 10pm.
We signed up for Race the Dead, Singapore's first zombie race therefore it was important to get ample rest.
Xuan and I did our part by dressing up as dead Mexican dolls. The face painter only drew half of our faces as requested.
 


Till next time,
Amelia



No comments:

Post a Comment