Saturday 2 November 2013

Run Baby Run - Race The Dead 2013

Race The Dead is Singapore's first ever zombie race in Singapore. 
I was really upset when I found out that registration was close for the race but the next thing I knew, they opened up another race day! So hyped and no matter how expensive it was ( $80), I signed up with my friends. 

There was a choice between being a zombie or a racer. Honestly, I don't run frequently so 5km was a total challenge for me. The online videos made me even more excited because its almost like a mini wipeout challenge .

We signed up for the last 2nd time slot because we knew that Halloween was the night before.
I was so anxious about it and went around texting my friends who ran on the 1st day.
Apparently, most of them completed the race and became a SURVIVOR. 


Registering for the race. The last time I participated in a race was during the NIKE womens 5K run with Eexuan so this time, I participated with both Charlotte and Irina.

I'm very anal about taking care my body like not getting it tanned....... Sunblock is essential for events like this . You may think its so diva-ish but whatever , it's important to me. 


This happens once in a blue moon when I'm so KIND (lol) to help Charlotte to apply sunblock.


Each racer had 2 life tags that has to be placed at both side of the hips. Once both tags are taken by the zombies, you're officially OUT!!! However, there was a life station in the middle of the route which I TOTALLY NEEDED CAUSE ONE OF THE ZOMBIE MANAGE TO GET 1 LIFE FROM ME.

Literally ran for my life and IT WAS SO DIFFICULT to run on sand!!!!


We all kept our phones in the bag therefore there's very limited photos of the race itself .


Aftermath of the run. Our shoes was soaking wet and sandy because some obstacles required us to get soaked. 
There was a maze and I hated the obstacle which needed us to crawl. My legs were crying.


Everyone getting washed up together to be part of the Guinness book of records for "Most number of people showering together".

Proudly flaunting our Survivor Tees!

All of the zombie's makeup was so impressive. Hands down. The weather was so torturous but they did such a good job. Applause for yall. 
LOOK AT HOW MANY LIFE TAGS HE MANAGE TO SNAP!!

Free cupcakes up for grabs. It tasted quite delish surprisingly. 


Free photo booth snaps at the end of the race. 
I'm a SURVIVOR!!!!!

Was a wonderful experience to be part of the race and I can't wait to participate in my next race which is ELECTRIC RUN!!!!! 

Side note, I'm loving that school is only less than 4 hours everyday. Having a weekend off from work allowed me to get my house chores and wrap up my reports for FYP.
Have a wonderful week guys!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment