Monday 23 December 2013

Post-Exam Week

Really backdated post. I'm into my last week of year end holidays but last week was REALLY WELL SPENT! Last weekend, it was one of the hottest festivals here that everybody have been looking forward to, Zouk Out.
My 2nd consecutive year working for the event = Work+Party= AWESOME
However, I thought last year's set was even better because I stayed all the way till dawn.
All I was looking forward was Alesso and Zedd.





The bird's eye view from the VIP tentage.
OVERCROWDED.
There were alot of party goers holding on to their country flags. Maybe they expected something like Tomorrowland but Zouk Out is no where close to that......


The turnout on the 1st day was bad. I could literally walk without being squashed for the entire night.







Nervo kickstarted the party.


Danny Avila doing his thang.


My favourite, Zedd!! *Sings Clarity*

                      


                                 
My face before the night started.. After work, my face was SOOOO oily. Yuck!
If you've been following my instagram (a_meliaw), you would have seen the videos!

The next morning, I managed to pull myself out of bed to meet thw 2 wonderful girls, Katherine and Charlotte for brunch. They brought their furkids, Cookie and Butter along so we had to opt for a dog friendly cafe. Ended up at Coastal Settlements!
                 
They were the only dogs at that moment............... 
THEN CAME..............................














THIS HUGE DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHATTTTTT. 
Is this even a dog?????????? Its almost close to a size of a pony!!! Madness.
Of course the owner was a Caucasian and he seems to be a regular customer over there. 

                       

We had alot of NGs before the picture was captured because the furkids kept moving.


Verdict : A little pricey for food and location is a little inconvenient? 

1-FOR-1 WAVEHOUSE WEDNESDAYS!
Been wanting to try the flowrider for the longest time and I FINALLY DID!!!

Vivian, Chantal and me waiting for Sonia to arrive.
Food and drinks were also on promotion but the "free" item has to be the same as what you order.


Their BLTs are to die for!!!! Smoothie was really yummy too.
Now you see why I am gaining weight? How to resist all these delicious food :'(
While we waited for our wave timings, all of us went kayaking. 
All of us were so hilarious competing to see who reaches the end of the line first.

The feeling of being off shore and hanging your legs out of the boat into the chilly waters was indescribable. Guess what..........
We saw a huge lightening and heard thunder clashing and started to panic!!!
EPIC I SWEAR. All of us literally went back into our "pro" position and started paddling back to shore for our life.

                                   
                                   
After which, we kinda sneak our way into one of the hotel's pool. 


SURF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was pretty hard to balance for the first time but you just have to be confident.
Although I have to admit the fall was pretty hard, I had stiff neck the next day.

                   
After multiple attempts, TADAHHHHHHH!!!!!!
I surfed steadily without any help, but by then the hour was over. :(
Can't wait to go back again the next time. 

That's about it.. Most of the pictures from the previous week. Gotta start wrapping presents and preparing for Christmas eve party. 
Ciao!







No comments:

Post a Comment